March 2, 2009
Vanderbilt offers Georgia receiver
1. Well me and coach Cain talked a few times before as you probably know. But I kind of knew they were going to offer when coach Cain sent me a letter in the mail saying that the WRs coach said that I was one of the best recievers he'd seen and a offer could very much possibly be on the way. As a matter of fact they offered the next day. They called my head coach and I talked to them and I recieved the official letter a few days later.
2. I am very excited about my first offer and especially it first being Vanderbilt. I am quite interested in Vandy and have heard alot of good things about them. My wr coach, boo mitchell is a legend there and he tells me how great of a school it is all around, academics and sports.
3. I am planning to visit Vandy in the nearby future, probably sometime next month or so. And yes I do plan to visit some other schools in the future as well. I have a good idea about a couple schools I want to visit like Clemson and Georgia but there are no definites other than Vanderbilt. I will also be attending more junior days as well
4. Other schools that are showing alot of interest are: Ole Miss, Georgia, Clemson, Wake Forest, UCF, Maryland, and South Carolina.
5. When choosing the college I would like to attend, I will look at the overall balance of academics and atheletics. The most important thing is that I get a quality education and then football comes next. I would like to go somewhere where I have a decent chance of playing early, but if not I'm okay with redshirting to take my first year to learn the offense and things of those sorts.
6. I think my best attribute is probably my atheleticism and playmaking ability. I also take pride in my route running. The thing I need to improve on the most in my opinion is my stalk blocking. Stalk blocking is not as easy as it looks and can be difficult at times. I do a decent job at it, but there's always something you can get better at.
7. My junior year started off pretty rough in missing the first four games of the season due to injury. Then it took a a few games to get back in the flow of the game. We are a primarily run offense so I just tried to help the team out in as many ways as I could from catching, blocking, and returning. Overall as a team, our season was very successful just coming short of winning the state championship against Camden County. Next year, even after losing some key seniors like Kevin Minter and Mitchell Williford, I think we have a very strong chance of returning to state again next year.
Ran a 4.34 in the 40 at the Factory/OurVarsity Combine in late January. Also posted a 40.5 vertical.
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!